Saturday, September 20, 2008
Suenos (Dreams)
Okay... am I going crazy or do you guys all have dreams about MAC as well? I recently had a conversation with a few of the group members who agreed that we just cannot escape from school, it even follows us to bed. At first I thought I was having a mental breakdown haha, but then I talked to one of my good friends at the bar last night about the LSAT. He randomly looked at me with terror in his eyes and said "Shannon, I think there is something really wrong with me, I cannot escape from the LSAT". He said that while at the bar he couldn't help but feel as though he should be home studying, and that everything people were saying reminded him of ?'s on the test. I laughed and asked if he had been dreaming about it, and he said "every night" with a sigh, hah. Somehow I managed to make him feel a little better with some inspirational words, and I ended up feeling better knowing that I wasn't the only crazy person out there. I then went home telling myself over and over not to dream about MAC, and you know what, ... it worked. Last night I dreamed about Romulus instead hahaha. I guess we will just have to ride this one out and except MAC as something being pumped into our veins for the next few months. With that, I would also like to tell you all that you are not alone, and we can do this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm happy to hear that I am not alone in dreaming about Romulus! I had a dream the other day that I was supposed to be teaching, but had nothing ready to teach. The kids were all laughing at me and my mentor teacher was nowhere to be seen! I woke up sweating and it took me awhile to calm myself down, lol. Crazy... Just think what our dreams will be like when we really start teaching ;-)
Oh no, I too dream about MAC. I have found if I read articles for class or work on a paper right before going to bed, I will dream that I am still reading them (which is not good, butbecause what I dream is not always accurate) or dream that I continue to write the paper, only to wake up and find that no progress has been made. I keep hoping that the Paper Fairies will write my papers for me while I sleep, but they seem to be on strike. I have found a solution to the dream problem: read a book aimed at fifth graders right before bed. Your brain needs time to unwind before entering dreamland.
Post a Comment